Executive Committee of the
Military Revolutionary Council
Extraordinary Congress of Peasant, Worker and Partisan Delegates
To all district, cantonal,
communal and village executive committees in the governments of Ekaterinoslav,
Tauride and neighbouring regions;
To all units of the First Insurgent Division of the Ukraine, known as the Father
To all Red Army troops stationed in the same areas.
To one and all.
At its sitting on May 30, the executive committee
of the military revolutionary council, after scrutiny of the impact upon the
front of the onslaught of White gangs, and consideration of the overall
political and economic situation of soviet power, came to the conclusion that
only the toiling masses themselves, and not individuals or parties, can devise a
solution to this. Which is why the executive committee of the Gulyai-Polye
regional military revolutionary committee has decided to summon an
extra-ordinary congress in Gulyai-Polye on June 15.
- The peasants and workers are to choose one
delegate per three thousand members of the population.
- Insurgents and Red soldiers are to delegate
one representative per troop unit (regiment, division, etc.).
- Staffs: the staff of the Father Makhno
Division will send two delegates: the brigade staffs will send one delegate
- The district executive committees will return
one delegate per fraction (party representatives).
- District party organizations - the ones
acepting the foundations of "soviet" rule - will return one
delegate per organization.
- Elections for workers' and peasants' delegates
are to take place at village, cantonal, workshop of factory general
- On their own, the assemblies of the members of
the soviets or committees of these units may not proceed with these
- In the event that the military revolutionary
council is not sufficiently numerous, delegates will have to be issued with
provisions and money on the spot.
- Report from the executive committee of the
military revolutionary committee and delegates' reports.
- The object, role and tasks of the soviet of
peasants', workers', partisans' and Red soldiers' delegates of the
- Reorganization of the region's military
- Military disposition in the region.
- Supply issues.
- The agrarian question.
- Financial business.
- Peasant labourers' and workers' unions.
- Public security business.
- The matter of the administration of justice in
- Matters in hand.
Signed: The Executive
Committee of the Military Revolutionary Council
Dated: Gulyai-Polye, May 31,
Source: Daniel Guérin, No Gods,
Return to The
Nestor Makhno Archive
Other pages connected to this site:
Groups & Organizations
Pagin@ di nestor mcnab